website / tumblr / flickr
Spent an entire day in the darkroom today, I tried making a print of an image I shot earlier this week. I had to start pretty much from scratch on this different paper, which turned out very blue on the first test strips (each photographic paper requires a different colour combination on the enlarger). I went through a shitload of test-strips trying to get it right, colour darkroom is an emotional roller coaster as failed attempts roll out of the developer. Half way through these strips the colours started going in the right direction.
Hopefully I now have a decent colour recipe to crank out some more prints at a slightly faster rate. I tested this recipe out for this print on another image from the same roll, which turned out pretty good. The initial excitement of those first test strips from a few weeks ago, has faded into a strong desire to make technically perfect images in the darkroom.
Once I get my hands on more paper I will do some proper editions.